Build a Manufactured Home
Buying a home is always a big deal. And, it’s very important to buy or build a manufactured home that fits your needs. Manufactured homes come in three different sizes of single, double, and triple-wide. Before you purchase a home, get acquainted with the many outstanding advantages of buying a manufactured house. You can custom build or buy one from a reputable manufactured home dealer. If you haven’t visited a dealer lot recently, you should! There are some double-wide manufactured homes out there that will take your breath away.
Modular and manufactured homes are cost-effective, waste fewer materials, and are built faster. Consider opting to use a Modular home plan that has already been created to custom build your home. Modular homes and manufactured homes have to be built to a higher standard and are stronger and can be transported to your property.
Manufactured Housing Standards
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD Code) sets and enforces the standards for building manufactured housing. New standards were set in 1976 for manufactured housing construction and safety. And the standards can change from time to time.
Manufactured Housing Building Process
Always do your due diligence when it comes to a major purchase. Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
- First and foremost you have to get your land ready for the delivery of your new home.
- Decide how many square feet of living space is needed for your family.
- Talk with some happy customers to get a better understanding from the start to finish about their experience with building their manufactured house.
- Start with a manufactured house plan that offers the most of what you need in a home.
- Visit several manufactured housing builders in your area before deciding on the best home plan for your family.
- Make a date to tour the plant and see just how it’s all put together.
Get with an architect and discuss all your custom options and changes available for the home plans you have chosen that could include:
- Eco-friendly and built with green technology.
- Huge kitchens that a chef would love with stainless steel appliances and a center island.
- Stunning bathrooms with a stand-alone soaking tub or walk-in shower.
Make sure to contact your lender and discuss all the options that are made available for financing. Then, when you are ready to build a manufactured home of your dreams, everything will be in place.
©GWalls – All Rights Reserved