MODULAR HOMES TV
Buying A Modular Home
Whether you are purchasing a modular home from a dealer representative’s lot or having one custom built. Buying a home is a major investment most people make at least once during their lifetime. Here are some important steps to consider when buying a modular home. This easily understood introduction will remove some of your questions or concerns about buying a modular home. Your “dream home” is closer than you think!
Financing a Home
First, you will want to arrange financing through your local lender. It is quite popular and very affordable these days for anyone buying a modular home. Modulars do not depreciate like mobile homes. In other words, financing should be an easy task. Do your homework and decide which would be the best way to go.
Before the process of buying a modular home starts, do some investigating on the building process. Doing this will give you a better understanding when speaking with the dealership. Also, you should contact at least two or three modular home dealers close to where you live.
Compare Modular Home Options
Next, you need to consider what modular home options are offered by several different manufacturers. Compare each builder before choosing the style and look. Select the best one that fits your family’s needs and wants. And, always look before you purchase.
Any customization should be completed before the building process starts. If you plan to customize your new modular home kitchen, find out what’s trending in kitchen cabinet designs. If you are into living healthy, consider adding a fitness room to your modular home plan.
Is Green Technology Available?
Thirdly, if you are considering purchasing a pre-existing home, ask if green technology was used. The modular home building process and building system is a highly engineered method.
An “eco-friendly home” is different from the usual traditional construction. When you speak with a custom modern modular building contractor, ask how to “green your home.” Opt for green technology when having a modular home built. Using green technology will cost a little more up-front but will save money in the long run. This will help ensure the greatest efficiency when it comes to saving energy. Plus, green building helps the environment.
What Is Included in the Price of a Modular?
Thirdly, you should find out what is included in the price. Sit down with the modular home dealer and go over the list of things. They should have a list of everything that is included in the price of your modular home.
- What is the set-up fee?
- Does the retailer provide the contractor for the foundation needed for the permanent placement of the modular home?
- Who pays for building permits?
- Are appliances included?
- Who is responsible for water and sewer hookup?
Next, make a final decision after taking all options into consideration. Unlike other types of construction, today’s modular systems are the model of efficiency and quality. After plans are approved, the process begins.
Delivery of A Modular Home
- Once the home is completed, your new modular home is scheduled for delivery.
- A tractor-trailer will be used to transport your modular home to the home site.
- Some finishing touches will have to be done by the contractor such as the utilities, water, sewer, flooring, porch, steps, garage if included, etc. These things and others usually take around 4 weeks to complete.
- A final inspection will be done and your new modular home is finished.
- By this time you’ve probably packed your bags, hired a moving van, waved goodbye to friends and neighbors……what’s left? Just move in when your new modular home arrives.
- This would be a great time to invite your new neighbors over for some delicious BBQ ribs on the grill and celebrate!
Manufacturers, contractors, and service providers can partnership with Home Arrives. Learn how now by contacting us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©G Walls – All Rights Reserved