Did someone say chocolate? I know a lot of people say that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but anything with chocolate has to be a strong second. And we all know that chocolate comes in a lot of different flavors and styles. My husband came across this recipe for the best chocolate fudge truffle bars. I just have to share it with everyone. I hope you enjoy them!
“Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty.” Lora Brody
Although it is truffle fudge it is also considered a bar. Why? because it has a brownie base. Simply mix and bake your favorite brownie mix in an 8 x 8 pan according to the directions on the box. But use a larger 13 x 9 pan to cook them in. This will make them thin on the bottom. Then, after the brownie base has cooled, pour the best chocolate truffle fudge bars mix on top. Here is the recipe for the chocolate filling layer.
Fudge Truffle Bars Ingredients
Chocolate Truffle Layer:
- 8 oz unsweetened chocolate
Melt unsweetened chocolate according to the instructions on the package. Allow chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, room temperature (softened but not melted) Beat butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups powdered sugar. Add powdered sugar slowly, 1 cup at a time, beating between each cup.
- 4-5 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp strong coffee cooled. Brew a small amount of strong coffee and place in the fridge to cool.
- ¼ tsp salt. Add the salt, coffee, and heavy cream and beat for 1 minute.
With the mixer at the lowest speed, slowly pour in the room-temperature unsweetened chocolate.