Easy One-Pot Meals
With so much activity going on around the home with everyone working, cooking an easy healthy one-pot meal is ideal. If you are a working mom, your time for cooking a gourmet meal is probably limited. But, you can still have time to make wonderful, nourishing, healthy, and easy meals. And, all the ingredients can be cooked easily in one pot!
One-Pot Meal for Dinner
Some of the best one-pan meals for dinner can include chili, soups, and a variety of stews. One-pot meals can easily be done in a crockpot and are slow-cooked all day. Below is a healthy and easy recipe that can be prepared in a short amount of time.
One Pot Chicken Recipe
This is absolutely one of my favorite stir-fried meals with chicken and rice! Here is a list of ingredients you will need. Just add the vegetables you like the best and omit the ones you don’t! It’s just that easy.
- sesame oil
- Yellow and zucchini squash
- sweet Vidalia onion
- bamboo shoots
- bok choy
- snow peas
- fresh chopped garlic
- chopped cooked chicken (use leftover baked chicken if you have it)
- low salt stir fry sauce
- fresh or pickled ginger
- cooked whole-wheat noodles or brown rice
The ingredients list could really be endless! Just whatever you and your family love or have handy in the kitchen or leftovers make for great healthy and easy one-pot meals.
Directions for One Pot Chicken Dinner
- Pour the sesame oil to coat the bottom of the large saute pan or wok.
- Chop up your vegetables and cooked chicken and ingredients into bite-sized pieces. You will want to saute’ the vegetables first. Sometimes vegetables take a little longer cooking time.
- Add the cooked chopped chicken just to heat thoroughly and then add your sauce.
- Bring to high heat to caramelize the sauce a little, but be sure to stir continuously.
- Place a nice portion of cooked rice or noodles on your plate and heap a generous serving of the stir-fried vegetables and cooked chicken.
- Lastly, grate some fresh ginger on top of the dish. And, add a spring or egg roll for a nice crunch to the dish. Now it’s time to enjoy your delicious meal. Your family will love it!
I guarantee you will make these delicious, healthy, and easy one-pot meals, again and again using your own creative ideas and ingredients.
©G Walls – All Rights Reserved